Animal Welfare Policy
At Spell, we are committed to implementing high ethical and environmental standards within every part of our business which is reflected within our Animal Welfare policy. Animals play an integral part in the fashion industry and the objective of our policy is to ensure that they are not only treated with respect, but that we work to minimise the impact on their natural environment.
- All animals must be treated in accordance with the 5-freedoms set by the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)
- Animal fibres must be sourced ethically and inflict no harm or distress to the animal or its surroundings
- We will not utilise any fibres from species that are recognised to be endangered
- All leather within our range is sourced from Leather Working Group tanneries or recycled where possible
- All Down within our range is sourced from ethical producers that adhere to the Responsible Down Standard
- All wool within our range must be sourced from non-mulesed sources and certified to RWS
- We say NO to angora
- We so NO to exotic animal skins
- We say NO to mohair
- We say NO to fur
All of our policies extend to business partners that we work with including contractors. We take a proactive, pragmatic and collaborative approach to transforming our supply chain.
Where possible, we will choose recycled materials over virgin and fibres that have been certified by a credible third-party. Our R&D team are constantly on the search for new innovations.